Friday, January 2, 2009

and other happenings in 2008

school has been keeping me pretty busy...  my thesis project has been pretty neat, I've learned TONS!!! and have had the chance to work with some pretty smart, and pretty great, people.

Here are a few pics of where I spent most of my summer.  I'm heading out tomorrow to get in another round of CO2 flux measurements.  It's supposed to be cold (well, well below zero) but that should be ok, not more than a few hours worth of work.


low winter sun!!


Heath and I were flux measuring fools.  He's back in South Dakota now, finishing up his B.S.


and here's a pic of Paddy, looking all studious.  He's a post-doc who has been pretty instrumental in turning this from an idea into a killer project.


there was also a bit of fishing in '08.
Jon caught a nice halibut


and Thomas' fish was almost as big as he was!


all in all, a pretty good year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment